Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Skin Care



Now that winter is officially here, (did you see the lunar eclipse? Gorgeous!) it’s time that all of us HCB’s keep our skin soft and supple. Just because we’re not showing as much skin doesn’t mean that our skin can’t be glowing. Here are my favorite winter skin savers.


Infinite Aloe: Advanced Formula Skin Care

This has been a staple in my family for years.  My niece and nephew have extremely sensitive skin and this is the only thing that works for them. I use it on my face as a daily moisturizer and on problem dry areas. It smells like…old ladies*…strange I know but that’s the only way I can describe it. It fades soon after you apply it so feel free to put on your favorite perfume or body spray.

Price: $50.00
Packaging: it comes in an 8oz plastic jar
Where to Buy: www.InfiniteAloe.com

100% Unrefined African Shea Butter

This is by far the best overall moisturizer especially if you’re on a budget. It’s great for your hair and face and as an all over body treatment. You can buy it whipped or in a semi solid form. You have to warm it in your hands then apply it to your body.

TIP: Buy it in chunk form and put it in a plastic bottle with a little olive oil. When you take a shower in the morning but the bottle in the shower tub, the heat will warm it up and make it easy for you to smooth all over your skin.

Price: 4.99 and up
Packaging: most that I have seen come in a plastic tub.
Where to Buy: your local beauty supply and they have several sites where you can buy online.

Bath and Body Works
True Blue Spa
Lay It On Thick intense moisture body cream with shea butter

This has been a winter must have for me since the collection came out. It’s a thick rich cream that leaves your skin feeling amazing! My only issue is the smell which is too strong for my taste. They now have an unscented version that packs the same punch without the overpowering smell. I love it.

Price: 20.00
Packaging: 10oz plastic bottle**
Where to Buy: Bath and Body works in stores or online

Lastly: Make sure to exfoliate with a loofa or body scrub and drink plenty of water. Getting rid of dead skin cells with scrub and hydrating from the inside with water are key to great skin.

* old ladies aka White Shoulders perfume.
** this isn’t the normal packaging, I bought this one during the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment