Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Aphogee Protein Treatment

In an attempt to stop breakage and split ends I recently bought the Aphogee 2-step protein treatment at Sally Beauty Supply. I wanted to try it out so I purchased the pack that comes with the protein treatment inside and the balancing moisturizer.

Price: $3.49 which isn’t bad especially since you’re supposed to use it every 6-8 weeks.

Bad: It made my hair feel much thicker like it was coated with something and it can make your hair feel dry and brittle. The actual protein step smelled awful and I hate sitting under the dryer.

Good: It was easy to do and in the end my hair has stopped breaking.

I started with shampooing my hair with the Aphogee Deep Moisture Shampoo. The next step was the actual protein which is quite watery and has a foul smell. That has to sit on the hair until it gets hard. I sat under the dryer, with my hair uncovered, for about 20 minutes. Then I rinsed it out and applied the Balancing Moisturizer, the 2nd step in the pack. That has to sit for 2 minutes. I rinsed that out and applied the 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor. I put on a plastic cap and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Rinsed that out and styled my hair.


Tip: The process takes time so make sure to do it on a day where you have allotted at least 3 hours to do your hair. 

*photos courtesy of Google

No comments:

Post a Comment