Monday, January 24, 2011

Carol's Daughter Hair Must Haves


I have been using Carol’s Daughter products for years. I love that they are natural, affordable, and most importantly, they deliver. You can purchase them through the website www.carolsdaughter.com, at Sephora in stores or online, Macy’s and also at HSN.com. There are also several free standing stores check the website for locations. Here are some of my favorites…


Kizzi “Stay Put” Hair Pomade
Price: $9.50
Packaging: 4oz flat tin

I love this for when I need some extra hold in my hair. I’m really not a fan of hair spray or gel so this is perfect. It’s not too heavy or greasy and it comes in a tin that’s easy to take on the go. I use it for up-dos and when I need to really get my edges slicked down. Added bonus: it has a lovely smell.


Black Vanilla Leave in Conditioner
Price: $12.00
Packaging: 8oz plastic spray bottle

I love this for the smell if nothing else. It was a watery consistency which isn’t what I usually look for in a leave in conditioner, but it comes in a spray bottle for easy application. I use it on my hair when I’m wearing natural styles, it’s good especially for second day hair that needs a little sprucing up.



Lisa’s Hair Elixir:
Price: $20.00
Packaging: 8oz plastic bottle with a push top

This is a great hair oil. A little goes a long way with this one (trust me) It’s great to add to a deep conditioner or use it on damp or dry hair for added shine. It smells like peppermint and eucalyptus and I love it! The only problem is that oil permeates plastic bottles so after a while the bottle gets sticky. A glass bottle would be great to pour it into if you have one handy.




I’ve tried the Hair Milk and it was a little bit too heavy for my hair. I can’t stand for my hair to feel weighed down or heavy. They now have a Hair Milk line and a light version of the hair milk so I’m going to try that on my next trip to the store.


The Loc Butter is a favorite of mine for two strand twists or braids on thick, tightly coiled, coarse hair. It’s a bit too greasy for my curly hair but I definitely recommend it if that’s your hair type. 

*Images courtesy of Google

No comments:

Post a Comment