Monday, April 25, 2011

HCB Spotlight: Let's Talk Savings


mail.jpg


I know every HCB wants to save in every way she can. Here are a few tips that I’ve learned over the years to help me get more for my money.

COUPONS:
I know many of you are thinking “Ewww coupons! My grandma uses those.” But they are really worth searching the Sunday paper and cutting them out. They not only help with beauty products but also restaurants and services. If you want to buy L’oreal eyeliner for $7.99 and you took the time to cut out a $2.00 coupon you now pay only $5.99 which is excellent especially for a product that you just want to try or aren’t sure of.

BACK TO MAC
I can’t tell you how many different empty MAC cosmetics containers I’ve thrown away over the years. No more! If you take 6 empty containers to a MAC counter inside a department store you can get a free lipstick (that’s a $14.50 value). If you take your 6 empty containers to a MAC store you can get one of four options: a lipstick, an eyeshadow, a dazzleglass or a lipglass. So save your MAC empties or products you don’t want to use their recycling program and get a free product.

BEAUTY CLUBS
Ulta, Sephora,  and even CVS have beauty club discounts. Use your card every time you make a purchase to rack up rewards points and score free products.

OUTLET SHOPPING
I know in my area there are a lot of outlet malls that have beauty stores. You can get beauty products that you love for a serious fraction of the price.

BLOG SALES
Many of your favorite bloggers have sales from time to time. You can find products that you are discontinued, or even some of your favorite regular products that are gently used for a great discount. 

Are there any other ways that we can save that you can think of?

No comments:

Post a Comment