Monday, May 16, 2011

HCB Product Fail



mail.jpg

A few weeks ago CVS had Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish on sale for $1.99! What a deal right? So I hopped in my car and made my way down to my nearest CVS to pick up a few. I usually use OPI, Essie, or China Glaze nail polishes but I figured for $1.99 it was worth a shot.

I picked out 2 colors; Mint Sorbet: a lovely creamy mint green and Caribbean Coral: a vibrant pinky orange. I decided to try out the latter first. I got out all my supplies for my at home manicure and got to work. When the time came to polish my nails the color turned out horribly! It was a weird thick pasty consistency and the brush had a horrible application. I tried to get less polish on the brush and it was too dry so then I tried to get more and there was too much running over the side of my fingers. Even with a great basecoat and top coat the polish still looked awful.

In the end I took off the polish and replaced it with my beloved OPI for Sephora. I went back to CVS for a refund, yes even though it only cost me $1.99 AND I had a 50 cents off coupon so they were only $1.49! I just couldn’t even stand to look at the polishes.

You get what you pay for and I’ll stick to my $10 bottles of nail polish. But on a side note; CVS now carries Essie nail polish so pick some of that up the next time you’re in there and I promise it will be worth the money. 

mail.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment